Wednesday, August 22, 2012

This bike riding thing: it ain't all sunsets and rainbows.


This stormy weather weather in the afternoon thing is beginning to irk me.

20 minutes into my daily bike ride the sky darkened.  at 30 minutes it was drizzling.  at 45 minutes the wind was cranking, the rain was coming down in sheets, and the lightning was firing everywhere.

About 17 miles in a guy passes me up, doing 19mph into a strong crosswind.  His bike looked like a total beater, old steel frame spray painted silver?  But the rider was lean and his form was good, and I saw the shiny flash of nice components and a powertap in his rear wheel.  Must have been his bad weather bike.  I like his style.

The shop that works on my road bike sells the Colgano's,the Cervelo's , the Felt's and all that.  Lots of stuff with 5k+ price tags and I would love to own one.  But the places I like to hang out have funky old stuff that's really cool.  Old steel frame racing bikes, new steel frame road bikes, track bikes which are the cool thing with the kids, that kind of stuff.  I just bought a new bike to keep in my office so I can hop on and ride around when I need to destress for a bit - go exploring and stuff.  It's a Torker kb2.



How cool is that!?!  Clean, spartan look.  Two speed hub w/coaster brake.  Plenty sturdy for hopping curbs and taking shortcuts.  That bike is perfect for urban exploration.  Lunch just got a lot more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment