Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Catching up to the beginning

Hello,

I'm not sure what this blog will be; I'll let that sort itself out.  I think the main thing is to as Nike would say, Just do it.

But this isn't really the beginning.  No that was a couple of months ago.

The real beginning was on the 30th of May, 2012.

I had quit smoking for almost exactly a month, thinking that was going to fix my life.  At the time I weighed 244 lbs, smoked about 30 Marlboro lights a day, and drank around 70 units of alcohol a week.  How much is 70 units?  A 1.75 liter bottle of vodka I reckon.

Well, getting rid of the smokes helped.  But after a month of that I still felt like ass.  So, sitting there on the couch with a nasty hangover after a multi-day memorial day bender, I decided that was it.

And that brings us to today, about 77 days later (yeah I count days).  I'm down to 213lbs.  I get a good night's rest, I eat well, and I exercise.  I feel a world better.  I feel like a different person practically if you want to know the truth.

The thing is, I'm sort of rediscovering life.  A lot of things that many people take for granted are a novelty to me.  It makes sense to write about it not just for the novelty factor but because I think it will help me to find my own voice rather than just repeating things I've seen or heard and thinking it's me, which I reckon is quite common.

Lost in daylight, finding my way.




No comments:

Post a Comment